On behalf of Western Development Commission (WDC), Action Renewables, Finnish Forest Research Institute (Metla), and the Environmental Research Institute (ERI), we are pleased to announce the release of the fifth BioPAD e-zine.
Issue 5 is focused on the BioPAD bioenergy case studies which have been an important part of the project. Including examples from Rep. of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Finland, and Iceland, the case studies provide important lessons and solutions regarding supply chain issues, and highlight the successful factors that drive bioenergy developments.
- Brook Hall Estate: Energy opportunities when using energy crops
- Bioenergy and Forestry in a Treeless land: Establishment of Viable Wood energy supply chain and Forestry
- Fortum Joensuu – Value adding by producing bio oil from wood
- Sabhal Mòr Ostaig
- Údarás na Gaeltachta – public body switches to bioenergy
- Donegal Woodland Owners’ Society
- AFBI Northern Ireland: Benefits and supply chain of AD systems
- Kuhmo – the perfect example of integration of bioenergy production and timber business
- Kuittila farm, Small-scale CHP production: Toward self-sufficiency and lower costs
- Wick district heating scheme
More details can be found on the Case Studies page.